- 蝸牛慢吞吞
- 周宗偉 朱贏椿
- 298字
- 2020-04-14 10:48:07
卻沒有面對真相的勇氣。
But we lacked courage to face the truth.

看著老蝸牛已奄奄一息,
Seeing the old snail near her last gasp,
我雖然義憤填膺,
I was filled with righteous indignation,
卻無能為力,
But I was powerless to help.
只恨我們慢得竟然躲不過小小的螞蟻。
I could only rue our slowness that makes us prey even to ants.
這才知道,
Then I realized:
慢本身并不是過錯,
Being slow is not wrong in itself;
錯的是因為緩慢而滋生的懦弱性格。
What's wrong is the cowardice that slowness fosters in us.

我發誓要做一只堅強而勇敢的蝸牛,
I vowed to be a brave and steadfast snail;
絕不向強勢低頭。
Never would I lower my head before brute force.
剛下定決心,
No sooner had I made this resolution,
就遇到了險境。
Than I encountered a dire predicament.
只見一只怪物趴在我的面前,
I saw a monster squatting right in front of me.
張牙舞爪地露出挑釁的惡臉。
It struck a fighting pose and leered combatively.
我把頭一昂,
I held my head high,
想先下手為強。
Intending to strike first and get the upper hand.

我沖上去和他扭打
I charged forward and grappled with him.