官术网_书友最值得收藏!

Chapter 03 乘坐輪船

情景對話

Anna: I hear that you will go to a seaside city for holiday this summer. What kind of vehicle would you choose?

安娜:我聽說這個夏天你們將要去一個海邊城市度假。你們會選擇哪種交通工具?

Beck: We would like to go there by ship. It will be the first time that I have taken a ship. Have you ever traveled by ship?

貝克:我們打算乘船去。那將是我第一次坐輪船。你以前坐輪船旅游過嗎?

Anna: Me, either, but I heard that many people felt sick on the ship. You'd better prepare some pills for seasickness.

安娜:我也沒有。但我聽說很多人都會暈船。你最好準備些暈船藥。

Beck: OK, I will. Thank you.

貝克:好的,我會的。謝謝。

?it be the first / second / third time...that是一個固定句式,表示“某人第幾次做某事”。如果it后面的be動詞是過去時,那么that引導的定語從句則用過去完成時;如果be動詞是現在或將來時,則that引導的定語從句則用現在完成時。

Mother: Have you got everything ready? We are leaving tomorrow.

媽媽:東西都準備好了嗎?我們明天就要出發了。

Alice: Everything is OK, except for several changes of clothes.

愛麗絲:除了幾件換洗的衣服,其他的都準備好了。

Mother: Don't carry too many things; there is a baggage allowance in the ship.

媽媽:不要帶太多東西;在輪船上行李是限重的。

Alice: I see. I only take some necessaries.

愛麗絲:我知道。我只帶一些必需品。

?except for意為“除了……之外”, for后面跟名詞或代詞,for后面的部分不包括在前面所述的范圍之內。

Brown: Do I have to a reservation?

布朗:我必須預訂嗎?

Carl: You needn't. But to be on the safe side, you'd better book it in advance.

卡爾:不必。但是為了保險起見,你最好提前訂票。

Brown: Can I book one on the Internet?

布朗:我能在網上訂票嗎?

Carl: Of course, just the same as the process of booking train tickets.

卡爾:當然了,就跟訂火車票的流程一樣。

?on the safe side意為“小心地、安全地、謹慎地”,相當于副詞,經常放在動詞之后,與不定式to be連用,表示“出于安全考慮”的意思。

Charles: How much does a round-trip ticket to Australia cost?

查爾斯:一張去澳大利亞的往返票需要多少錢?

Ticket Agent: Which kind of ticket would you like to buy, economy class or first class? The ticket of economy class is 800 US dollars and the first class is 1,000 US dollars.

票務員:你想買哪種票,經濟艙還是頭等艙?經濟艙是800美元,頭等艙是1000美元。

Charles: Well, the economy class is usually very croweded, so I'd like to take the first class' ticket. Do you have any tickets available for today?

查爾斯:嗯,經濟艙通常很擠,我想要頭等艙的票。有今天的票嗎?

Ticket Agent: Yes, but there are only tickets for midnight. Would you still like to buy?

票務員:有,但是只剩下午夜的票了。你還想要買嗎?

?round-trip表示“往返程”的意思,而a single trip則表示“單程”。

Anne: Excuse me, how long does it take to Rotterdam?

安妮:打擾一下,我們多久能到鹿特丹港?

Ship steward: About five hours. We can arrive in Rotterdam by 7 p.m.

輪船乘務員:大概5個小時。我們會在下午7點之前到達鹿特丹。

Anne: Well, by the way, can you get me a drink of water?

安妮:那好,對了,你能給我拿杯水嗎?

Ship steward: Please wait a moment; I'll bring some to you right away.

輪船乘務員:請稍等,我馬上給你拿一些水。

?get sb a drink意為“給某人拿點喝的”,其中drink為可數名詞,指“一杯(一口、一份)飲料”。此處將get換作buy時,即buy sb a drink,指“請某人喝一杯,給某人買一份飲料”。

即學即用

it be the first / second / third time... that第一、第二或第三次做某事

· It was the second time that Mary had been to Paris.

這是瑪麗第二次去巴黎。

· It is the first time that I have travelled with my parents.

這是我第一次和父母一起旅行。

except for除……之外

· We all arrived at wharf on time except for Bob.

除了鮑勃,我們都按時到達了碼頭。

· This passenger ate nothing except for a piece of cake during the trip.

在旅途中這位乘客就吃了一塊蛋糕,其他什么都沒吃。

on the safe side安全地,小心地

· To be on the safe side, you'd better buy an accident insurance before traveling.

出于安全考慮,你最好在出游前購買意外險。

· Although weather forecast says it is fine today, take an umbrella to be on the safe side.

盡管天氣預報說今天是個好天氣,為了保險起見還是帶把傘吧。

round-trip往返程

· Please give me a round-trip ticket to Australia.

請給我一張去澳大利亞的往返票。

· If you book a round-trip ticket, we would give you a discount.

如果你購買一張往返票,我們將給你打折。

get sb a drink給某人拿點喝的

· Can I get you a drink or something else?

我要給你拿點喝的或者其他什么東西嗎?

· Can you get me a drink of beverage from over there?

你能從那邊給我拿杯飲料嗎?

旅途答疑

What time does the ship leave?

船什么時間起航?

Wait a moment. I'll check the schedule for you.

請稍等,我為您查一下時刻表。

Do you have any tickets available for today?

你們有今天的票嗎?

The tickets for today have been sold out; you can only book one for tomorrow.

今天的票已經賣光了;你只能訂明天的票。

How many ports do we call at on our passage to Australia?

我們去澳大利亞的路上要停靠幾個港口?

Only two ports.

只有兩個港口。

Could you bring my baggage to my cabin?

請幫我把行李拿到我的船艙,好嗎?

That's my pleasure. Please tell me the number of your cabin.

很榮幸為您服務。請告訴我您的船艙號。

Could you tell me where this ship heads for?

您能告訴我這艘船是開往哪里的嗎?

Sorry, I don't know, either. You can ask the ticket agent for help.

對不起,我也不知道。你可以向代理受票人尋求幫助。

Excuse me. Are there any unreserved tickets of first class?

打擾一下,還有沒有一等艙的船票?

I'm sorry that all first class cabins have been reserved.

抱歉,所有一等艙的船票都已經預訂完了。

The ship is about to start. Let's go on board.

船就要開了。我們上船吧。

Now? I remember there is still half an hour left.

現在嗎?我記得還剩半小時。

How many ports do we call at on our passage?

我們一路上要停靠幾個港口?

It will not stop. This is a direct one.

不會停。這是直達的。

How many days does it take to Houston?

到休斯頓港需要幾天?

About two days.

大概兩天。

How do you feel at sea?

你在海上的感覺怎么樣?

So great! The scenery on the sea is very magnificent.

太棒了!海上的風景很壯觀。

The wind is blowing hard. Maybe there is going to be a storm. We'd better get into the cabins.

風刮得很大。也許將會有暴風雨。我們最好進入船艙。

I agree with you; let's leave the deck.

我同意;那我們離開甲板吧。

旅游金句

· Could you tell me the way to my cabin? And the number of my cabin is 18.

· Can you show me where my cabin is? And my cabin's number is 18.

你能告訴我我的船艙在哪兒嗎?我是18號船艙。

· What time should we go on board?

· Do you know when we should go on board?

(你知道)我們應該什么時候登船(嗎)?

· Why don't we go there by ship? I think it's more comfortable than by train.

· Why not we go there by boat? I think by boat is more comfortable than by train.

我們為什么不乘船去?我認為乘船比乘火車更舒服。

· How many days does it take to the destination?

· How long does it take to get to the destination?

到達終點需要多長時間?

· The ship is the cheapest but the most time-consuming vehicle.

· The ship is the cheapest vehicle, but at the same time it's the most time-consuming.

輪船是最便宜也是最耗時的交通工具。

相關單詞

plane [ple?n] n.飛機

fire balloon[fa??b??l?n]ph.熱氣球

airship [?e???p] n.飛艇

automobile [??:t?m?bi:l] n.汽車

train [tre?n] n.火車

tramcar [?tr?mkɑ:] n.有軌電車

bus [b?s] n.公共汽車

motorcycle [?m??t?sa?kl] n.摩托車

bicycle [?ba?s?kl] n.自行車

steamer [?sti:m?(r)] n.汽船,輪船

hovermarine [h?v?me??ri:n] n.氣墊船

submarine [?s?bm??ri:n] n.潛艇

· The wind arose. It's better that we leave the deck and go into our cabin right now.

· The wind is rising. I think we'd better leave the deck and go into the cabin right now.

起風了,我想我們現在最好離開甲板,進入船艙。

· The ship is coming to land.

· The ship is nearing the wharf.

船正在靠近碼頭。

· The ship got to start the next morning.

· The ship was due to sail the next morning.

這艘船定于第二天早上出發。

· At the peak period of travel, you'd better book the ship ticket in advance.

· At the high season for traveling, you'd better book up earlier.

在旅游旺季,你最好提前訂船票。

· Hurry up! The ship has already begun to check the tickets!

· Come on! The ship has already started to punch tickets!

快點!輪船已經開始檢票了!

· It will take a lot of time to go by ship.

· Traveling by ship will consume much time.

乘輪船去旅行很耗時。

· Are there any other ships heading in that direction today?

· Are there any other ships for that direction today?

今天還有其他的船到那個方向嗎?

· When will the ship get there?

· How long will it take to get there?

什么時候船才能到達那里?

· Do you have any tickets for tomorrow?

· Are there any tickets available for tomorrow?

你們還有明天的票嗎?

· The tickets for Australia were sold out three days ago.

· There were no tickets for Australia three days ago.

去澳大利亞的票三天前就已經售光了。

旅游攻略

雖然乘坐輪船出行的人沒有乘坐火車、飛機的人那么多,但由于其經濟、舒適的優點,還是有不少人選擇乘坐輪船出行。那么,乘坐輪船都需要了解些什么呢?

首先,輪船的艙室一般會根據設施、服務劃分等級;船票分為加快船票和普通船票。另外,輪船上的行李也有限重,不同的船只有不同的規定,一般是每人不超過30kg;辦理行李托運的時候,最好把不同性質的物品進行分類,因為船上的行李托運費是根據不同的種類規定的。最后,如果時間緊的話,選擇交通工具時要謹慎,因為海上的天氣變化無常,輪船到達目的地的時間不會那么準時。

主站蜘蛛池模板: 铅山县| 蓬莱市| 汉川市| 广平县| 锡林浩特市| 锦屏县| 习水县| 确山县| 松原市| 银川市| 枝江市| 苏尼特右旗| 白银市| 拉孜县| 雅安市| 锡林浩特市| 凯里市| 金昌市| 贺兰县| 同江市| 石门县| 留坝县| 扎兰屯市| 扶风县| 南陵县| 贡觉县| 哈密市| 扶余县| 秦皇岛市| 江都市| 汨罗市| 长沙县| 华宁县| 光山县| 苍溪县| 旬阳县| 抚宁县| 客服| 外汇| 遵义县| 射洪县|