My haughty fighting spirit was gone without a trace.
路邊躺著一具鍬甲的尸體,
Beside the road there lay the body of a scarab
他巨大的身軀即便在死后也散發著強大的威懾力,
Even in death, his hulking corpse had an intimidating air.
讓許多小蟲不寒而栗。
Many little insects shuddered at the sight.

我此刻卻沒有絲毫的畏懼
Right then I did not have the slightest fear;
反而對他生出了一些憐憫。
I even felt a touch of pity for him,
想他生前雄霸的身軀曾經何等風光,
Thinking what an impressive figure he had cut while alive,
如今卻也落得被蟲蟻啃噬的下場,
But now he was reduced to being gnawed on by ants.
原來外表的兇悍并不是真正的勇敢和堅強。
In the end surface ferocity is not true courage and strength.

我有些累了,
I felt a bit tired,
藏到一片葉子下面休息,
So I hid under a leaf to rest.
空中飄下一陣濃霧,
A cloud of thick mist floated down from the sky,
夾著一股強烈的農藥氣息。
Bringing a thick smell of pesticide.
我馬上警惕,
I was on guard immediately,
準備躲進殼里。
Ready to pull back into my shell.
卻聽見地上傳來呼救的聲音,
I could hear cries for help, coming from close to the ground.
葉子下露出一只西瓜蟲掙扎的身影。
A pill-bug was thrashing about under a leaf.
